• Breaking News

    DISCUSSION OF POLITICS AND ECONOMICS WITH FORAYS INTO PHOTOGRAPHY AND ASTRONOMY

    Search This Blog

    Friday, May 20, 2016

    Does Microsoft Try To Make You Hate The Company

    So, Microsoft has done it again - they've managed to tick me off once more.  I had to go out for most of the evening the other night and I stupidly left my computer on and my browser open.  I had left some things I needed to get done open so I could quickly finish them up to have them ready to go out first thing the next morning. So, of course, when I got back home, there was my PC in the middle of being updated to Windows 10.  I didn't ask for Windows 10; I didn't want Windows 10; and I would always so no when I was harassed to upgrade.  But Microsoft's new method to totally annoy you is to send you a message scheduling the upgrades to happen in about 2 hours and go ahead IF YOU DO NOT SPECIFICALLY STOP THEM.  I'm sure I agreed to this type of BS when I accepted the Microsoft license, but really - are they that desperate to push Windows 10. Is it just because they want to move everybody onto Edge so they can finally give up on Internet Explorer.  Who knows. Needless to say, I just went to bed and then had to get up extra early to go through the Windows 10 setup and finally finish the work I needed to get done. But, of course, business is still locked into the Microsoft world and my connection to the office does not work with Edge - it needs IE. And, yes, there are a handful of other apps that also don' work on Windows 10 yet either. I've been a UNIX guy since the 1980s and I should have probably gotten a Mac or Linux-based PC and then partitioned for Windows emulation. But that's a hassle too. I can honestly say that Microsoft really should have just gone away after producing the Office Suite - everything else has just caused me trouble.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment