• Breaking News

    DISCUSSION OF POLITICS AND ECONOMICS WITH FORAYS INTO PHOTOGRAPHY AND ASTRONOMY

    Search This Blog

    Thursday, May 26, 2016

    Astronomy Adventure (cont'd) - Not Much Progress

    In our prior Adventure, we had some success with photos of the Moon, making sure we were focused properly through the camera and not just the telescope's eyepiece.  So it was time to take this method and go back and take a look at Saturn and see what kind of images we could get. And the results were, quite frankly, atrocious.  Because the image was so small on the cameras display, it was incredibly hard to see whether I was actually in focus. Sadly, here is the best image I could get:



    Pretty bad...

    Obviously, something is still seriously wrong; so, I went back to the Moon and started over again.  But this time, I decided to wear my glasses when focusing through the camera thinking that would help. And here are some results from that effort:



    I think the focus on these is pretty decent, so probably wearing my glasses is a good idea - you think!  Well, they always said astrophotography was a lot of trial and error and I am proving them right. So not much real progress this week - but back next time for another try at Saturn.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment