• Breaking News

    DISCUSSION OF POLITICS AND ECONOMICS WITH FORAYS INTO PHOTOGRAPHY AND ASTRONOMY

    Search This Blog

    Thursday, May 19, 2016

    Astronomy Adventure (cont'd) - Back To The Moon

    In the last Astronomy Adventure, it became clear that I was having problems with focus. I had been focusing the telescope with my eyes through the lens and then attaching the camera. I suspect I should be focusing with the camera already attached. So it was back to the drawing board. And the easiest place to start this new procedure was with the Moon. Well, the new method produced the best results yet:


    I believe the above were taken with the 10mm and 25mm eyepieces respectively.

    And here are a couple taken with the 7.5mm eyepiece with 2x Barlow with the first one cropped in GIMP:


    The picture above shows the area between Promontory Freznel on the left and Caucasus Mountains on the right with the craters Aristillus and Autolycus in the middle.


    This one is not as good but I'm pretty sure it was not just a focus issue. In any case, it is a nice capture of the central peaks in the middle of craters Ptolemaeus and Alphonsus in the upper right.

    So, I'm really happy with these results. Accordingly, it is time to go back to the planets to try the new, correct focusing method - we'll see how that goes.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment