• Breaking News

    DISCUSSION OF POLITICS AND ECONOMICS WITH FORAYS INTO PHOTOGRAPHY AND ASTRONOMY

    Search This Blog

    Wednesday, June 22, 2016

    Brexit Prediction

    Well, we are just hours away from Britain's vote on leaving the European Union and I guess as an uninformed blogger it is my duty to venture a prediction on the result.  Markets are clearly betting that the UK will stay while current polls suggest it is a virtual tie with a pretty high number of undecideds. My feeling is that those undecided voters have pretty much made up their mind to stay but just aren't saying so. So I would say that the "remain" vote will win by a pretty significant margin, perhaps by 6% or 7%. This will be another black eye for British pollsters. It will also leave a weakened David Cameron and a divided Conservative party. And that is about the best result possible.

    1 comment:

    1. I think David Cameron secretly wants out of the EU, I believe they have already decided we will be leaving the EU and everyone will be fooled into thinking Cameron lost, we are the loosers

      ReplyDelete