• Breaking News

    DISCUSSION OF POLITICS AND ECONOMICS WITH FORAYS INTO PHOTOGRAPHY AND ASTRONOMY

    Search This Blog

    Wednesday, June 29, 2016

    Astrophotography Adventure - More Mars and Saturn

    I'm still trying to get better images of Mars and Saturn which really just involves more trial and mostly error. These are the best I have done lately - they are OK but I know I can get better, especially with Mars.  Both of these were composed from iPhone videos through the Starblast 4.5 at about 140x, converted to JPEG with PIPP, stacked with Registax, and post-processed with Curves tool in GIMP.



    I think you can just make out some indications of some Mare on the left side of the Mars picture.  The Saturn image was taken with a variable polarizing filter attached.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment