• Breaking News

    DISCUSSION OF POLITICS AND ECONOMICS WITH FORAYS INTO PHOTOGRAPHY AND ASTRONOMY

    Search This Blog

    Wednesday, April 20, 2016

    Astrophotography Adventure (cont'd) - First Photos


    So, here we go - the very first attempt at imaging.  There were two inviting targets to shoot at, the Moon and Jupiter.  And here are the rather poor results:

    Jupiter


    The Moon

     
    Both shots terribly overexposed!! Obviously, I need to become more familiar with the NightCap Pro application. I probably need the use the low ISO boost option and cut down the exposure time even more. And I've also found it hard to make sure I am properly focused when looking at what I see in the app.  But it's a start and it's clear this can be done. I think it's just going to take some trial and error with the app in order to get things right.  But that is true of any kind of astrophotography you do.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment