• Breaking News

    DISCUSSION OF POLITICS AND ECONOMICS WITH FORAYS INTO PHOTOGRAPHY AND ASTRONOMY

    Search This Blog

    Sunday, January 8, 2017

    Astronomy Adventure - Orion Nebula

    I have to say that it is only since I got back into astronomy that I realize how few clear nights we actually have these days. I'm sure it is merely the normal feeling that everything in the past was better, but I certainly seem to remember more of those crystal clear nights in my childhood than we have now. In any case, I've been doing a little bit of work on enhancing the astrophotography that I am doing these days with slightly better post-production. One of those enhancements has been to add dark frames when stacking photos with Deep Sky Stacker. I've taken a recent dark frame and gone back and re-stacked some earlier images of the Orion Nebula and the results are certainly a bit better.

    Here is the original photo:



    And here is the new version with the dark frames subtracted:


    And here are some newer efforts that were marred by some poor tracking:





    No comments:

    Post a Comment