• Breaking News

    DISCUSSION OF POLITICS AND ECONOMICS WITH FORAYS INTO PHOTOGRAPHY AND ASTRONOMY

    Search This Blog

    Thursday, September 8, 2016

    Press Apparently Doesn't Believe In Truth

    You really have to wonder what the our present corporate media is here for, to just be stenographers for the powerful. Tonight Matt Lauer let Donald Trump once more get away with the lie that he opposed the Iraq War. No follow up. No push back pointing out the interview with that noted journalist Howard Stern where Trump responded to the question of whether he would support the war by saying, "Yeah, I guess so. You know, I wish it was, I wish the first time it was done correctly."

    And Chris Wallace, one of the coming debate moderators, when asked whether he would call out the candidates for blatant lies, responded, "That’s not my job, I do not believe that it’s my job to be a truth squad." Yes, there are times when the media should be used to disseminate important information the government needs it citizens to know. But calling out flat-out lies by Presidential candidates is definitely one of their jobs. My God, did the press learn nothing from the debacle of the G.W. Bush administration.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment